We understand that letting your property, especially for the first time, can be a worrying experience and with this in mind our most important consideration is providing you the Landlord with the best possible service and the right tenant for your property.
We never forget that the property is your most important asset and we can confidently assure you that by instructing us to act as your Letting and Management Agents your asset will be in professional and caring hands.
A Personal Service
Because we are a small firm, we are able to offer a personal service, with attention to detail, whilst at the same time maintaining a high standard of competence and professionalism.
Our fees are competitive and transparent– click HERE for our standard management services
Carefully Selected Tenants
Drawn from a continually updated register, all prospective Tenants are thoroughly referenced and credit checked. In some cases we will also require a guarantor.
Level of service offered
Option 1- Tenant Find Only Service
Single lets: £350 payable from first month’s rent
HMOs: £200 payable from first month’s rent
• Attending the property for a rental evaluation and take photographs for marketing.
• Local and National marketing, including a professional “To Let” board where appropriate.
• Considering applications from prospective tenants, and guarantors (if required) in order to assess suitability.
• Carrying out tenant referencing and credit checks.
• Carrying out ‘Right to Rent’ checks in accordance with the immigration act (2016)
• Issuing a standard Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement.
• Collection of the first monthly rental payment and security deposit and forwarding the balance to your chosen bank account.
• Checking the tenant into the property
• Providing the tenants with a How To Rent Guide at the beginning of the tenancy and to ensure that Gas Safety and EPC certificates are provided and are in date at the beginning of the tenancy
• Providing copy of an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR), under legislation of the Deregulation Act (2015).
• Testing and confirming smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors are working ON THE DAY the tenancy begins, in accordance with the Deregulation Act (2015).
Under the Tenant Find Service, it is your legal obligation as landlord to;
• Ensure that the occupants are the same occupants that were referenced by the Agent throughout the term of the tenancy, including any rolling periods after term, in order to stay compliant with the Immigration Act (2016).
• Ensure that any electric supply and electrical items in the property are safe. Failure to provide a safe property for tenants to enjoy could lead to the Landlord being fined, banned from managing a rental property and imprisoned. It is recommended that the property is reviewed regularly, with tenant safety in mind.
• Submit the rent deposit to a government approved deposit scheme within 30 days of the tenancy commencement date and to supply the tenant with the correct paperwork in accordance with The Deregulation Act (2015). Failure to do so could lead to the tenant being due up to 3 times the rent deposit in compensation and could prevent the Landlord from issuing and using a Section 21 notice to take possession of the property.
• Carry out regular property inspections and keep records of findings, in accordance with the immigration Act (2016).
• Ensure that Gas Safety and EPC certificates are provided throughout the fixed term and any rolling periods thereafter.
• Ensure that any works required to the property, either reported by the tenant or not, are dealt with in a timely manner.
• Manage non-payment of rent or any issues that arise with your tenants compliantly and in accordance with law.
• Issue a Section 21 Notice to end the tenancy two months prior to the end of the term.
• Check the Tenant out of the property.
• Keep up to date with any regulation that applies to your property or the tenancy and implement accordingly
By signing for the Tenant-Find Only Serviceyou agree that you are solely responsible for compliance with current legislation and regulations, with particular emphasis on The Deregulation Act (2015) and associated paperwork; the Immigration Act (2016) with associated paperwork; the Consumer Protection Act (2016); The Housing Act (2016); and EPC, gas and electrical regulations. NEXT CITY therefore relinquish liability for any misleading or incorrect information or action supplied by the landlord to the tenant and the tenancy under the Basic Package.
Option 2 – Essentials Management Service
Reduced tenant find fee of £300 for single lets / £150 for HMOs, then 10% monthly management fee The Essentials Management Service offers everything in the Tenant Find Service, plus;
• Peace of mind for landlords wishing to have a hands-off approach to compliance with current legislation and regulations, as we ensure compliance according to the terms of the package.
• Carrying out Right to Rent checks in accordance with the immigration Act (2016).
• Serving of all paperwork as required by the Deregulation Act (2015).
• Issuing an advanced Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement, including CPT clause and confirmation signatures for documents received under the Deregulation Act (2015) for landlord security.
• Deposit placement with Deposit Protection Scheme and issuance of the correct paperwork within 30 days of the tenancy commencement date in accordance with The Deregulation Act (2015).
• Tenancy start-up paperwork and smoke alarm testing to comply with the Deregulation Act criteria. This gives you complete peace of mind that should you need to issue a Section 21 notice at any time, you have complied with the necessary legislation and regulations.
• Notify utility providers and local authorities of changes of responsibilities
• Collecting rent and issuing monthly statement
• Chasing Rent Arrears
• Bi-annual property inspections. Inspections enable us to assess the tenancy and the property, and to keep records of findings in accordance with the Immigration Act (2016).
Option 3 – VIP Management Service
Reduced tenant find fee of £300 for single lets / £150 for HMOs, then 13.5% monthly management fee.
Our VIP Package gives you all the peace of mind of the Essentials Package
(inclusive of additional services), and also offers:
• A fully inclusive 1-2-1 meeting to discuss compliance and portfolio growth strategies available to you.
• Professional pictures to boost your marketing
• Check-in, check-out inventories for strong evidence to support deposit claims at the end of the tenancy
• Rent review
The VIP Package is a fully inclusive management package and is the best option for full property compliance and safety. It also supports your portfolio growth
Note: All prices are subject to VAT